The right attorneys to call…
What differentiates GSL from other condominium legal practitioners in New England is our distinguished leadership team. Our firm’s three principals—Henry A. Goodman, Ellen A. Shapiro, and Frank A. Lombardi—have a combined industry experience of more than 75 years. They are known not only for their track records but also for the personal service and attention they provide to all clients.
For almost 15 years, we at GSL have demonstrated our position as condominium law leaders in many ways. These include:
- We have litigated key court cases that have resulted in significant victories that will benefit condominium associations in Massachusetts and Rhode Island both now and in the future concerning Development Rights and Negligence.
- We are ongoing, lead sponsors of CAI New England and New England Condominium Association expositions and seminars throughout Greater Boston, Cape Cod, and Rhode Island.
- We are a valued educational resource to association boards, property managers, homeowners, and related industry colleagues, providing timely, useful information through e-bulletins and our blog, Condo Counsel. We also contribute monthly guest columns to Condo Media Magazine.
- We have represented hundreds of condominium associations since our founding in 1998 and we take pride in our numerous testimonials.
Henry A. Goodman is recognized as the first attorney in Massachusetts to concentrate in the representation of condominium associations. A founding member and past president of the New England Chapter of the Community Association Institute (CAINE), Goodman has over 40 years of experience representing condominium associations, unit owners, and businesses. Goodman is a Member of the CAI National Board of Trustees and Chair of the CAI Business Partner’s Council.
Ellen A. Shapiro has almost 25 years of experience in community association law. A former Norfolk County District Attorney, Shapiro is certified in Mediation and Condominium Dispute Resolution for the New England Chapter of Community Associations Institute (CAINE) and previously served as Co-chair of CAINE Attorneys’ Committee. She is a frequent chapter speaker, moderator, and author.
Frank A. Lombardi has practiced law in Rhode Island for over 25 years, concentrating in community association law, litigation, and transactional law. A qualified superior court expert on community association law and former court-appointed receiver for condominium associations, Lombardi authors a monthly column devoted to Rhode Island community association issues in Condo Media Magazine.
As a result of the personal attention we give our clients, we continue to represent associations with each successive Board election. In fact, we frequently receive referrals from Board members to provide additional services for their families, friends, and colleagues. This has led to our attorneys representing families in matters relating to prenuptial agreements, adoption procedures, and divorce disputes. Additionally, when the need arises, our probate attorneys assist with estate planning and administration needs.
While our firm is small enough to offer the hands-on involvement of our principals, we have the depth to meet the needs of any-sized client for corporate, commercial, or individual needs. Our outstanding professional associates and legal assistants are tireless advocates who represent clients in all types of legal proceedings—association meetings, municipal hearings, and of course in the court room.
From document drafting, title issues, association loan procedures, assessment collections, lien enforcement, and construction defect litigation, to personal injury actions, domestic disputes, and estate planning, we see the big picture and work through the small details.
At GSL, our Massachusetts and Providence attorneys provide a wide range of legal services to businesses, individuals, and community associations relating to:
- Condominium Law
- Community Association Law
- Land Use Planning, Development & Zoning
- Boundary Disputes
- Land Acquisition/Disposition Transactions
- FHA Insurance Regulations
- Commercial Real Estate Law
- Residential Real Estate Law
- Contract Negotiations
- Landlord-Tenant Disputes